Dream Holiday Draw – Terms & Conditions
Promoter: Robert Shepherd, Guernsey Cheshire Home, Shorncliffe, Rohais, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1FB.
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the Bailiwick of Guernsey only and aged 18 years and older.
2. The Guernsey Cheshire Home Dream Holiday Draw operates as a subscription-based Lottery in accordance with the Gambling (Gaming and Lotteries) Ordinance, 1991. Permit number 73, 2017. Enter by donating £10 a month to the Guernsey Cheshire Home. This secures one entry (one ticket) into the draw. Entrants can enter as many times as they wish, at £10 for each entry.
3. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are
accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final
and no correspondence will be entered into. If a dispute is made by the entrant towards the holiday provider
(Wayfarers Travel Ltd & escapetherock.gg) an independent auditor will be appointed.
4. Entries must be submitted via guernseycheshirehome.org or by completing a hard copy standing order
form distributed through participating outlets in Guernsey. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any
way. An email will be sent to confirm your entry. In the absence of an email address a text message will be sent
to the mobile number provided by the entrant (NB: the text message will be sent to confirm entry into the first draw following receipt of funds. Thereafter entry into the draw will be automatic subject to receipt of funds (no further text confirmation will be issued).
5. Illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not
be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of dispatch will not be accepted
as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The
winner’s name will be announced as part of the draw unless otherwise notified by the entrant in writing by
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. All standing order monies must be received by the 20th day of the month prior to that month’s draw which
takes place on the last Friday of each calendar month. One entrant will be selected by a random generator.
7. The winner will be contacted on the day of the draw by the Promoter by telephone or email or within seven
days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should the Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the
winner be unable to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative
winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. Should the prize become unavailable, a
substitute of equal value will be provided.
9. One winning entrant will win a holiday through Wayfarers Travel Ltd & escapetherock.gg to the value of
£6,000 and this must be booked within six months of the winning draw date. Should the winning entrant wish
to purchase a holiday of value greater than £6,000 this is permissible BUT it will be their responsibility to make
payment for the difference.
10. The prize is subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of the Guernsey Cheshire Home.
13. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons
beyond the control of the Promoter. Accordingly the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend
the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with Guernsey law and any dispute arising
out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Guernsey Courts.
15. The Dream Holiday Draw will continue until such a time that the level of entries falls below 1,000 a month. The promoter reserves the right to cancel the draw. It is the responsibility of the entry to cease their standing order on notification of the Draw being cancelled. The entrant will be notified by email of any changes to the draw.